Sunday, March 22, 2009

Reunited

Yesterday was a joyous day of being reunited with a pair of workable roller blades!

we took my worn out blades to a sports store and I got a new pack of wheels which the guys there put on the blades for me.

of course, they broke off one of the bearings in the wheel, they put all the wheels on one of the blades and then asked me if the wheels were too loose (they were missing the spacers, causing the wheels to move back and forth in ways which could have been dangerous. What would have taken about 20 minutes took an hour.

Included in this is the fact that my man decided he should buy some sweet blades so he could come skating with me (note: he hasn't skated in any form for a very long time, I've been skating in blade form for a very long time).

We got home and I was itching to try out these new wheels and he wanted to see what it was like to skate. I got on and zoomed around, he got on and well, did his best to zoom around. All in all, it was an interesting experience. It's always strange when you can do something really well and then someone else feels disappointed because they can't do it as well. Even though you've worked at that particular thing for a very long amount of time. That's what I tried to make sure he knew, I didn't pick up blading in a day, i am as good as I am because I've done it for years.



I always feel free when I skate. There's no limits and no one to tell me how to do it.
It's like eating green eggs and ham, I would skate with anyone or alone, anywhere or at home.
Where I live the flat land is at least good for something,
I missed the many trails and sidewalks when I was in NC
People there just didn't seem to bike or go trail walking as much.
To bike on the road seemed dangerous to me as the speed limits were 45 miles an hour near my neighborhood. I didn't feel comfortable having cars go around me at those speeds.
All this to say,

Welcome back closet rollerblader. Freedom to live is here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love your roller-blading.. and I loved even more the visual of Paul trying to keep up with you...

and your skill.

miss you jillo