Sunday, October 11, 2009

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Babies.

As of this month I will have gone to three baby showers. Awe. One for my good friend. One for a coworker and one for a cousin. I went to target and got little booties and other gift registered baby things.

The irony of this all is that at my job early in the mornings I work with infants every day. And it turns out they are not so scary as I once thought. Granted, my current expertise are two-three year olds, but I do love the babies too. I have never thought so much about pregnancy, babies, and motherhood!

Although I know I'm def. NOT READY for the HUGE responsibility that comes with birthing and raising a child, it's def. something I'm able to picture more easily. Minus the birthing. Of course.

I am happy and excited for these new moms and I'm so very excited to babysit for my friend Sarah when her little one happens along. To hold brand new life in my hands reminds me not only of where I come from, but also of how fast it all goes. Even my two and threes grow bigger and change every single day.

Even I am getting older too.

Someday I'll have white hair and be all wrinkly and unable to do much for myself. We all return to where we started. My hope is that I will look back on my youth with humor and kindness toward myself and be able to see that somehow my mistakes were made into miracles. And that in turn, I can tell my grandchildren about the young me and all things past. And they will shake their heads and go "whatever grandma".

No comments: