Saturday, April 18, 2009

I will fall for you over again

After a long week apart, sometimes it's hard to adjust back into each other's spheres. The weekends are sometimes hard on my fiance and I.

He's exhausted and I just want to see him. Yet so often the little things become big things and suddenly we're both moody about something completely irrelevant. It's usually because I've missed him all week and he's missed me all week and things that would have been talked about are pushed off for lack of quality time. Yet, I feel our maturity growing as we get moody, calm down, and then have fun an hour later doing something random. In this aspect I feel success. Because we have learned to get past moody phases. Moody phases and simply shutting down when moodiness occurs is one thing that gets us nowhere.

Yet. The weekends also are a time of renewal. And this weekend we just got to rest and relax today. Just spend the day in closeness to one another. I cannot wait. I cannot wait to have a home and a life with him. And fall more in love each day. Over again.

2 comments:

Tanya K. Kearns, M.A. said...

lovely. it sounds like you are learning and loving much. im excited for your future together.

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWW.. SO CUTE!

Can't wait to see the two of you!