Friday, August 21, 2009

Career Days

In the midst of loving my job, I have taken so far successful steps to update my teaching license to include the little ones.

23 seems to be the magic number. 23 hours. A bit over a semester's worth of classes.

Although I couldn't have imagined wanting to go back to school after student teaching, I can't wait to go back to school for better ideas and more ideas for working with the wee ones.

Their smiles and eagerness to learn have won over my heart and I doubt I'll really desire to go back into anything higher than second grade.

I love my job. I love the people I work with and the parents of the kids are, for the most part, very understanding. It's fun to be considering making this love of mine into a long-term reality.

These kids are so worth it to me. I love when they run into my arms just to say "hi" or when they say "hug!" just to get a little extra love. I love hearing them talk and learn to communicate and watching their little smiles when they come over with a big smile and say, "I shared!". That's a big thing for a two-year old!

Even on a beaten-down Friday, their smiles and laughter bring me happy feelings!

No comments: