Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day Two

Today:

Teachers are blessed to have machines that laminate. My teacher, the one I'm working with, enjoys laminating things. I get the job of cutting away the extra plastic. All you have to do is stick papers into this laminating roller and ...da da da...out comes plastic coverage over everything!

Also,

Labels. Very important to the teaching profession! A kid's name must be on every space they will use. This includes coat hooks, desks, folders, and lunch boxes. The mighty label is a blessing.

Tomorrow is open house! Finally I get to see some of these children whose names I've seen many times over. It will be fun to put the names with the faces.

In other events I am finding that every school has a certain cast of characters,

These include the reading teachers, the special education teachers, the classroom teachers, the janitors, the administration.

I say characters because they are mostly odd people. Each one has their own quirks and to me, it seems their southern accents cover over all the nuances I would usually hear or miss in people's tones and voices.

I am going to throw, ha, my pizza in the oven and watch a soap opera on UNIVSION!

No comments: