Friday, November 14, 2008

Here and Now

It's funny how easily you get used to something.

I remember how hard it was. For me to be here.

Now. It's where I am. NC is in my blood and will forever be a part of my life. It surprises me to think that I will be sad to leave this place.

It has been generous to me. I think of it as the growing up place. The fighting through the desert place. The streams of new life and new things place.

The questions have gone from "how long are you going to be here" to "when are you leaving?" as those who have come to know me a bit know that my time is running out in this place.

The questions bubble up in my own heart. What if I'm not done being in this place? What if I feel the need to come back? What if?

I think back and find myself startled at how I've actually made it. I came out here all on my own without knowing anyone too well and managed to find myself a place here. It took a long time, but I feel comfortable here now. I like that. And it makes me think that the hard stuff was def. worth it. It no longer feels strange and uncomfortable.

I will treasure this time and this place.

2 comments:

Jason said...

And we've been so blessed to have you here. I keep tellin' ya. . . John Deere is in Kernersville about 15 minutes away. Our school system needs good teachers. Looks like a perfect setup!

I think you should apply with WSFC Schools. . . once the NC bug bites, it doesn't go away. Everyone loves it here because of the seasons we have are so unlike anywhere else in the U.S.

Check into it at Central Office - talk to your teacher about it. I'm sure she could help and I know my sister-in-law would too. :-) All ya gotta do is say the word and I'll hook you up.

Tanya K. Kearns, M.A. said...

loving a place you once found it difficult to love brings hope to mine and AJs situation.