Monday, November 24, 2008

Inside

Paul is coming! Paul is coming!

I am really excited to see him.

It is a really great blessing to be able to see him. Being able to go home and see him was a really great blessing, but it made talking on the phone all that much harder. Instead of just hearing him laugh, I got to see him laugh. And I was reminded of all the reasons why I love him.

Paul was telling me about this documentary he watched during a film discussion (I LOVE watching strange movies and talking about them! I like thinking about things I normally wouldn't come into contact with). Anyways, in this documentary there was a couple who had been married a really long time when the woman up and died.

Her family went through all the journals she had kept during her married life only to discover she had had an affair! Bad news for all journalers! One downfall of being introverted and containing thoughts and feelings to paper is that sometimes things between two people aren't always expressed and dealt with. It's good for us introverts to have extroverts around us. AKA people who won't let those thoughts and feelings stay on the paper but who will ask and prod us about them. Don't worry extroverted people, we like when others press into our souls hard enough to care about our inner thoughts. Yet, if we retreat, don't feel you are entitled to our souls. Let us show you who we are. And never assume.

Because some of us are rockstar rollerbladers and have hidden talents that may quite surprise you. We show only as much of us as we feel comfortable with. And sometimes we only show as much of ourselves as we think you can handle.

I am glad that I feel Paul can handle seeing a lot of who I am. I often remain unhidden with him.

Anyways, case in point, I don't want to be the person who journals her life away only to have her family and closest friends discover she was living a life they knew nothing about. I am glad for those who also press in to be sure I remain unhidden. (AKA Paul and a few other close friends).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA!

you secretly awesome roller-blader you!

Anonymous said...

how's the PAULness?

We want photographs!