Saturday, December 13, 2008

Beginnings

I was reading through my old text messages today (mostly because my inbox was 80% full) and the ones I found most interesting were the ones between Paul and I when we first started dating.

Ha. I mean, there are ALL levels of cheesiness in those first texts. We didn't have a care in the world. We just thought each other was the best thing ever since sliced bread!

Even since August when I came out here, our relationship has changed. It's not all fluff. It's hard to have fluff and sweetness when you don't see each other very often. I mean, you can't really be cute together when you aren't together.

Yet we have deepened and grown together, BECAUSE it's not all fluff. Paul and I have many many deep conversations on the phone that we would never have had six months ago. With the time that has passed, we have grown. I always tell paul different situations, like, what would you do if I did this or that, how would you react? And he does the same.

I can't really say if I yearn for those times when we just loved each other and didn't have any serious things between us. There are benefits to both.

However, I like that he knows me deeper and that he can see what's all behind the fluff and still love me. And I like that I can do the same for him.

In other news: I am done with my student teaching. Perhaps I will write more about this later but for now that's all I have to say about that.

1 comment:

simplechild said...

congratulations on being done with your student teaching!!

i can't wait for that day to arrive. 5 more days of school and couldn't be more ready!

well done jill!

i'm also glad to hear of the growth that has taken place for you over this time of being in NC. i didn't doubt change and growth would be had. lovely.

i look forward to seeing you again!