Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dear Weekend.

Hello Weekend,

I've been waiting patiently for you. The days when I wouldn't have to leave my phone on vibrate just in case some school calls me at 6:15 in the morning.

There's something about you, weekend, that relaxes my heart and soul.

I feel I've been rushing, rushing, rushing. Rushing to build up, rushing to tear down, rushing to mend, and rushing to make whole. Perhaps, weekend, you will give me some moments to slow down. Some moments to consider my burdens and lay them down.

Oh weekend, I've been so weary and my emotions a roller coaster. I am containing the high hopes that you will provide a hiding place for me where I can lay and rest my weary head.

I know that our brief relationship will end and Monday at midnight I'll have to kiss you goodbye. But for now, weekend, I shall relax in you for this brief time.

No comments: