Sunday, February 15, 2009

Love

Are not we in constant change?
Indeed.
I find me changing
And you changing
And US changing.
I remember days would I would have been content to just...
Look at you.
Or hold your hand.
Now the moments of pure love
And beauty
Are fleeting.
As day to day
Hits each of us
Between the eyes.
Ours isn't the only baggage we have to deal with.
Of what love can I speak of that is
Free of burdens.
None.
I laugh with you.
We are in a game.
The love-game.
Some days I am drunk with it.
Other days it is a weary wheel
Spinning and spinning.
For I carry your burdens
Along with my own.
True.
Yet the joy
Is real.
Together we take life
And together we pull
our burdens.
I memorize your face again,
Every time
Just in case.
Just in case.
With its loving look.
Because we play the
Love-game.
Our laughter echoes to the heavens and we share.
Our ka-tet
Our secret club.
With those who would look fully and see.
May they rejoice.
To see hope
Is to live.

No comments: