Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Cover of Darkness (Closet)

Whoosh
Whoosh
The rythmic sounds sets my heart faster and faster
My arms cut through the thick
Night air.
I spin around only to
Spin again.
Backwards.
Forwards.
I am me
In this place.
When I can hide
Beneath the cover of darkness
And barely lit streetlights.
No one hears the hymns I sing
Or hears the sounds I make.
They are all inside.
Their T.V.s flashing.
Unknowing that I am
Looking in on
Their world.
I used to go into empty spaces
And cry out.
My pain.
My grief.
My sorrow.
Everything.
Dear God.
Why.
And I would seemingly
Perfectly
Move gracefully
Jumping and Flowing.
This is my outlet.
The one place I can go and pour myself
Completely into.
Where my worries are washed
Away into a basin of speed
And sound.
I like to think that out there I am nameless.
Only my grace, my spins, and my jumps
Define me.
I am God's creature.
Beautiful in motion.
When I am one with my skates
I feel I am who He made me to be.
FREE.
If only for an hour.
It is nice to feel total
Freedom.
No demons can catch me.
Lay me in my grave
With skates
So I may hope in heaven
They have rollerblades.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Jillo. REALLY Beautiful. Still remember the first time I ever saw you...

...you little statue toucher...

Anonymous said...

you must read this:

http://blessourhearts.blogspot.com/2009/05/first-blog-post-i-ever-wrote-was-two.html