Saturday, May 2, 2009

Finally, Something decent to

Write in!

Now, I have to confess, I am a journaler. And, trust me, it benefits me and everyone around me. It keeps me emotionally stable when I can write out my emotions and say WHATEVER I want and know it doesn't affect anyone. It helps me work through my feelings before spurting them all over the next person who walks in.

A good journal is one thing I need to remember to actually spend decent money on. I had this journal that I took to NC with me and it was OK but not awesome. just average. So. I ended up not really using it.

I've recently come to some personal conclusions concerning my faith after wrestling with quite a few questions and in reaching a point where I know I need grace, I find myself back to where I started. And back to where I started is with a good journal. One where I can pour out my soul and heart to a compassionate God. And I'm excited. I'm excited for this sweet new journal and I'm excited that my heart is again stirring with peace instead of unending skepticism and questions. I think it just came to the point of admitting that no matter the amount or scope of my questions, at the end of the day, I need to know I'm not shoving through this life and these challenges alone.

So, if I perhaps neglect this here blog for a while, it is because I am getting reacquainted with an old friend. A lovely journal.

No comments: