Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Job.

Sigh.

Today was a good, full, happy day.

The day consisted of nine small ones. Books about music, including "The Seals On the Bus". CDs full of music from Asia and Africa.

A little bit of a dribble in piano playing so my children could hear what a piano sounds like. We made it a game by starting out with the lowest key and as I moved up the piano toward the highest sounds I would say, "should I go even higher?!" "Yes!" We talked about how hard you must practice to become skilled at an instrument. I am planning on taking my guitar in tomorrow and perhaps a trumpet on Thursday. They all got a chance to play a few notes on the piano. Cute.

At lunch we are just starting family style meals. The kids are learning to serve themselves and pass the bowl on. They did pretty well with the exception of one small child grabbing a sliced pear out of the bowl and eating it with her fingers. ( :

Now I'm listening to a CD full of kiddie songs that my director loaned me. Ha.

As of now, my kids can say good morning in Spanish, milk, count up to ten, and say good-bye. Pretty good for kids that don't even know all their native language words yet!

Sometimes I wish I had more dramatic stories or interesting happenings. But the fact of the matter is, I love my job and every day seems to be a good day. The kids are cute and love to learn. Their little smiles just bring me so much joy.

This job combines my love for little ones and my desire to be behind the scenes. I get direct communication with all the parents every morning and am responsible for knowing their schedules and special requests. Often the children talk about what they do at school with their parents. I am responsible for the organization and administration of my room.

I love this age in many ways. Hence, Loving my job. I am contemplating seriously adding an early childhood certificate to my degree so that I may remain with this age group.

No comments: