Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fun Fun Fun in the Sun Sun Sun!

Welp, pretty soon the countdown will be over.

Which is awesome!

I'm very much looking forward to the beach! Sand, warm, warm sun! All-inclusive travel plans! Everything!

It's funny, weddings are great, but I think traveling and vacation is better, especially with someone you just married! Woo-Hoo!

I'm excited! And so the life journey continues. With just as many bumps and bruises as before, but perhaps with a little more.....support. Someone to hold my hand or bring me chocolate or give me a back rub when I need it the most. Ah.

I know married life isn't amazing. I suppose I think of it more like getting through life together. Getting through ups and downs and all arounds, as a couple, as a team. I don't expect the fairy tale. I expect the deep truth that the person you marry will love you despite yourself, and you will love that person in the same way. Whether you feel that or not. It's easy to look at someone else and only see their flaws, the person who loves you sees your flaws but loves you anyways. Those flaws you always were labeled or labeled yourself with suddenly don't seem to be so important.

Ah. I'm getting cheesy. Well. the next step is shortly upon me and next time I write here I'll be married! Wow. I'll let you know how I feel about it after that! ( :

1 comment:

Luke said...

Jillo - so happy for you both!!! Marriage is certainly all those things you said: regular life, but with the support you can always count on. Loving and being loved in spite of faults. Living, and loving, and travelling through life as partners.

One thing: Learn to spot the fairy tale in the day to day things. It won't be all the time, and it won't be everday, but try telling me that Paul isn't your Prince Charming when you get your chocolate and backrub after a rough day. Marriage certainly doesn't mean life is going to be perfect and blissful from this day forth, but there will certainly be those moments.

All the best to you both,

-luke