Thursday, September 4, 2008

ahhhh...

as my comfort with this particular group of students increases, I find myself squealing with joy on the insides.

Even though it's been hard to adjust to being in a classroom EVERY day, and it's been difficult to know my co teacher's expectations, today I finally felt myself in the groove.

And I LOVE it. Love it. I love being a teacher.

Absolutely.

It's great.

I taught a lesson today and the kids were so quiet and listened well. I also LOVE third grade. Because it is so heavy with real learning. No cutesy stuff. Which is so good because, I just don't do cute. Third grade is all about responsibility. I can definitely handle that! These kids are just starting to become who they will be. They are starting to develop strengths and weaknesses that will be a part of them the rest of their lives. It's so cool to be able to be a part of that. To help students learn. I LOVE it.

I translated today! I'm sure it was mediocre Spanish, but still! It was great to be able to use it. LOVE it.

Today I love what I'm doing this semester.

I find myself finally feeling OK with being here and I am getting used to the fact that I live in a whole different place. It doesn't feel so strange which I am so glad for. It's good to be adjusting and adjusted. To feel like I belong and am accepted here, even if it's simply acceptance with other teachers and my aunt.

LOVE it.

No comments: