Saturday, September 27, 2008

I miss you.

I miss your touch.

It's been so hard these last few days.

I can't even tell you why.

I simply know that

I miss you.

It's hard sometimes,

To find joy here.

When I feel half my heart is there.

I feel so at home in this church that I've found.

I'm so welcomed here.

Open arms and hearts.

Yet each time I go somewhere,

I feel my heart looks for you.

My hand looks for yours to hold.

How else can I describe,

This ache?

Yesterday I thought about the last time I saw you.

And I remember just driving away.

I thought about that first time you got angry at me,

Because I wouldn't sumo wrestle you.

I remember us making up.

Honestly and openly.

I came out loving you more.

I don't want this ache for you to go away,

Yet it's sometimes hard to live with.

I miss you.

1 comment:

Tanya K. Kearns, M.A. said...

hmmm yes. a beautiful yet excruciating pain