Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Combination

Next year the school that I am student teaching at will begin a transition. They are going to be combined with another small school in the area.

Many many many teachers at my current school are going to be putting their names in for a transfer. Not simply because of the combining, but mostly because the other school's principal has more years than ours and so therefore automatically will become the principal of our school next year.

Our school is mostly Hispanic and theirs is mostly African American.

Each group of teachers, students, and staff, I'm sure, has something to say about the other.

The school I'm working at now is going to look very different in the coming years. It's so strange to think about.

In other news, I overheard another younger teacher, about four or five years older than me, commenting on my hair. I'm almost positive this was the case- when I asked to join them, the subject was AUTOMATICALLY changed. Awkward. Yup. my hair is thick, messy, and bushy. Gees. It kind of reminded me of HIGH SCHOOL! ha. whatever. The funny thing is, I didn't care then and I don't really care now. PS- I don't mind if you GIVE me advice on my hair/clothes/make-up, but just TELL me if you have something to say about it. It really won't hurt my feelings. My hair is dead anyways! Beauty is not something I work hard for. haha. no way.

No comments: