Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Week Two of Ninos.

Whew. Welcome to September everyone.

It's odd how a particular month can hold certain associations. For me, September is the month I met, giggle, the man to whom I'm engaged.

It's also the month my mother died. Three years ago this month. Time has passed by and I feel like my life has been anything but uneventful.

This year it signifies me finding my comfort level as I am in a third grade classroom. I am starting to see and think of myself as "teacher". This is hard work considering I've thought of myself for the last four years as "college student".

Yet, in watching my teacher and in adapting her response to the students, I find the students respecting me alongside her. That could also be because they know she will come down on them if they don't listen to me. It's nice to have a back-up while I'm still learning.

Today we were attempting to master the art of bubble-in tests. You know, those ones you had to take all through high school and college if you went. Well, bubbling in answers is quite a feat for third graders. I asked many times "Why do you have two answers for the first letter of your name? You only fill in ONE bubble for each letter!" ha. That was just the name part!

All in all. It's going well. I am adjusting to the role a teacher plays and fighting myself to feel and be confident while I am still uncertain. Such is life.

No comments: