Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Chocolate

Today is a come home and eat chocolate kind of day.

All morning I watched little children take a long standardized test. It was not very interesting.

Then, I did a lesson plan for my teacher, but hadn't realized I was also expected to do another lesson plan. So, I felt really bad for not having it done. I'm still getting used to the come home and plan lessons every night thing.

My teacher told me I need to be more assertive. I KNOW she's right. She has been pushing me a lot lately. I don't really like being pushed, but it IS actually really good for me. Through pushing me, she is teaching me to be on top of my lesson plans and on what is going on in the classroom. Good skills I will need as a first year teacher.

I think I'm going to work on being assertive. Ha. I think she just kind of scares me (she's really a good teacher, but also is really good at keeping the kids in line). Her boldness and teaching style sometimes make me worried that I am not good enough so sometimes I am timid and hesitant when it comes to doing what I do know how to do.

Today marks three years since my mom died. It seems like.....it was not that long ago, but it also seems like much has happened since then. It's weird how things like that feel.

I tried to get a library card today, but, apparently you have to have proof that you live in town. My driver's license says Iowa. Doesn't really work to get a library card. I have to go back later and bring a piece of mail to prove I'm good.

Yup. A eating chocolate kind of day.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Better start handing out a random detention each day, just to keep the kiddies on their toes.
Now that's my kind of assertive.