Sunday, October 5, 2008

Love and ENcouraged

The love between us is made of fiery passion
A passion that draws us to each other
Even more so our love is made up of a gentle glow
It's warmth is like the sun
Inspiring and life giving.
We wake up to it and
Worship.
It is the gentle glow of a deep
Friendship.
Of knowing
One another.
It's the feeling of meeting each other's eyes
When out with friends
And finding a mutual
Understanding.
It is saying something silly
And laughing together.
It is long conversations about how
God brought us here.
And how He is teaching each of us.
It's the realization that you are
Truly blessed.
The gentle glow is what brings us through this time apart
Our friendship stretches the miles.
And the memories I go back to are
Not those moments filled with desire or
Passion,
But are those soft gentle moments of friendship.
The glow of love.
Which is the foundation.


I was so encouraged last night. I talked with a woman who got married at age 18. She's been married 30 years, and guess what....she's still in love.

She asked me about how Paul and I met. And we talked about getting married young and how people tend to feel about it. She told me. Not to worry.

Here is a woman whose example I wish to follow. To be bold in doing what is right for me.

We talked about how, I wasn't even looking for it, I hadn't asked God for someone in a very long time. I was very content to live sharing love with my friends and family around me. And Paul was in about the same place. Love was given to each of us as a gift.

I felt encouraged and uplifted to speak with someone older than me who not only has a successful marriage, but got married young. It was truly a blessing. A light in the darkness of trying to fight for what I believe to be right for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes!

keep fighting my friend

Tanya K. Kearns, M.A. said...

hmmm yes. encouragement is a blessing. you have been a needed voice of encouragement for me and aj. i am glad someone shared with u in this way and you were moved and touched.