Saturday, January 24, 2009

In case of cabin fever: do hip-hop

I have discovered the best relief to cabin fever in the winter.

I have a problem. My problem is that I love to bike, roller blade, play frisbee, and just plain be outside and be active. I love doing things outside.

The problem comes when it's winter. It's minus two degrees outside and if I tried to throw a frisbee my fingers would freeze.

Yet! Have NO fear!

What, you may ask, is my salvation?

Hip-hop Dance Videos! Work-out hip-hop dance videos to be specific.

The moves include all the challenges of skating. I can jump, spin in circles, and do moves like putting my left foot over my right and then throwing my arms around! Pretty active!

My current roomie introduced me to dance and I think that I like it. Dance also includes working with a beat and with a rythm which I love but am not always skilled at (just ask my guitar teacher about the rythm thing). I love finding the beat and going along with it in my moves.

In case of cabin fever: Do hip-hop

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha

omygosh - i would LOVE 2 see you dancing to hip-hop. please videotape & send immediately.