Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 8th Grade Week song

On the first day of school
My week gave to me,
Mitosis in the 7th grade.
The chromosomes were splitting,
The students were sort of working.
And one student said "how old are you?"
On the second day of school
My week gave to me,
Third grade.
Students were small
Their concerns were large,
And all the students said "that's not how we do it."
On that same day of school,
My week gave to me,
Fifth grade.
Independent clauses
The students all said, "you are mean!"
On the third day of school
My week gave to me,
Geography and history.
The students were large.
Some worked hard.
One said to me, "can I listen to this song by Pink"
I said no
With a partridge in a pear tree!

3 comments:

Luke said...

Sounds eventful!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you were all over the board with those kids jillo. Which was your favorite age? Do you have a favorite age?

Adventures in Preschool said...

I like the seventh graders. I also liked most of the fifth graders.

But it's been really fun to be all over the place. I like it. I actually am getting to know some kids at the junior high in Waverly since I've subbed there the most.

Next week I'm moving up to high school so I'm curious as to whether or not I'll like that. I'm teaching Spanish.